Debris of Walls

 A quick review of a recent small purchase from Debris of War who among other things provide some pretty neat ready made terrain for your lazy wargamer, I had previously bought rocky outcrops and marshes from them before at the Cavalier show. However this time I actually invested in some items I needed to paint myself. Some 10mm walls which will be put to use in a variety of games and ages.

Rocky outcrops, marsh and walls from Debris of War
My tabletop terrain collection from Debris of War with 15mm Archers


As they already came in grey and following my lazy modus operandi, I bought some artists ink in the hope that I could get away with inking them and a little dry brushing.  However in this case that did not work as despite giving the walls a good soak in soapy water the ink seemed to bead on the stones rather than sink into the crevices.  This was the first time I had tried this technique so if I am missing a key step please let me know in the comments below.

Painted and unpainted sections of walls
Painted and unpainted sections of walls

So undeterred, I proceeded with plan B which was giving them a good coat of my usual black Vallejo primer followed by dry brushing the walls with firstly a Hataka Medium Sea Grey followed by Vallejo Iraqui Sand.  Combined with my usual basing colours for the basing section Vallejo I am pretty pleased with the result. ...I just need to finish rinse and repeat with the straight sections...

Also for the record the white & purple heather on the archers bases are also Debris of War Tufts.

Basing colours: Vallejo Chocolate Brown base colour.  Dry brushing with Vallejo US Field then Iraqui Sand.  Topped with some Autumn Static grass from War World Gaming. Inspired by Tony Aguilars basing video on youtube...



Comments